Pravastatin - Pravachol
PRAVACHOL is an HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor (statin) indicated as an adjunctive therapy to diet to:
- Reduce the risk of MI, revascularization, and cardiovascular mortality in hypercholesterolemic patients without clinically evident CHD.
- Reduce the risk of total mortality by reducing coronary death, MI, revascularization, stroke/TIA, and the progression of coronary atherosclerosis in patients with clinically evident CHD.
- Reduce elevated Total-C, LDL-C, ApoB, and TG levels and to increase HDL-C in patients with primary hypercholesterolemia and mixed dyslipidemia.
- Reduce elevated serum TG levels in patients with hypertriglyceridemia.
- Treat patients with primary dysbetalipoproteinemia who are not responding to diet.
- Treat children and adolescent patients ages 8 years and older with heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia after failing an adequate trial of diet therapy.