Propafenone - Rythmol
RYTHMOL is an antiarrhythmic indicated to:
• prolong the time to recurrence of symptomatic atrial fibrillation (AF) in patients with episodic (most likely paroxysmal or persistent) AF who do not have structural heart disease.
• prolong the time to recurrence of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT) associated with disabling symptoms in patients who do not have structural heart disease.
• treat documented life-threatening ventricular arrhythmias.
• Use in patients with permanent atrial fibrillation or with atrial flutter or PSVT has not been evaluated. Do not use to control ventricular rate during atrial fibrillation.
• In patients with atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter, use RYTHMOL with drugs that increase the atrioventricular nodal refractory period.
• Because of proarrhythmic effects, use with lesser ventricular arrhythmias is not recommended, even if patients are symptomatic.
• The effect of propafenone on mortality has not been determined.