Lexapro – Escitalopram
How Lexapro (escitalopram) worksLexapro is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) indicated for:
- Acute and Maintenance Treatment of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) in adults and adolescents aged 12-17 years
- Acute Treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) in adults
Lexapro (escitalopram) Dosage Information
|MDD in Adolescents (2.1)||Initial: 10 mg once daily Recommended: 10 mg once daily Maximum: 20 mg once daily|
|GAD in Adults (2.2)||Initial: 10 mg once daily Recommended: 10 mg once daily|
- No additional benefits seen at 20 mg/day dose (2.1).
- 10 mg/day is the recommended dose for most elderly patients and patients with hepatic impairment (2.3)
- No dosage adjustment for patients with mild or moderate renal impairment. use caution in patients with severe renal impairment (2.3).
- Discontinuing Lexapro: A gradual dose reduction is recommended (2.4).